F Visas

F-1 Student Visas

The American Student (F1) Visa is a temporary Non-immigrant Visa which allows a person to enter America for the purpose of undertaking a full time academic program, including American language schools, high schools, universities and other institutions of higher education.  Thousands of learning institutions are approved by the USCIS to accept foreign students as full time students. Generally, obtaining an F1 Visa is a straightforward process although it can be difficult if the visa applicant is from a country with a history of visa fraud.

The F1 Visa is valid for the duration of the proposed academic program, known as the duration of status, so long as the visa holder remains enrolled in the educational institution and does not violate the conditions of their visa.  It is also possible to change schools and universities while being on an F-1 Visa without leaving the country.
In order to be eligible, the foreign student must:
Be coming to America for the purpose of full-time study (minimum of 12 semester hours on the university level or equivalent);
Hold an offer of study from an approved educational institution in America;
Hold a valid passport;
Be able to prove they have sufficient funds to pay for their tuition and maintenance for the duration of the program, although in certain the student may be granted permission to work if the employment meets certain criteria;
Be proficient in the use of the English language, or be enrolled in a course of study which will enable this; and
Intend to return to their country of abode once the visa expires.
Foreign students partaking in study in an American educational institution may also participate in practical training throughout the duration of their visa, providing this training does not exceed 12 months in total.  Please Contact Us for more information and to discuss your objectives.